Computer Science & Engineering
"Where excellence is a way of life"
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering was established in the year 2001 and affiliated to Anna University, approved by AICTE, accredited to NBA, ISO certified. This Department has all that is necessary to carve a successful Computer Engineer of international standard. The department attracts projects from outside and develops the software in its own project lab with the help of its eminent faculty members and students. Being a forerunner in the field, the Department is constantly modernizing its facilities to adapt itself to the rapidly changing technological scenario.
There are several ways to present the canonical core of Computer Science. Over the years we have developed a distinctive style and method that bridges the division between theory and practice yet remaining grounded with the core. The department is committed to the free software and open source movements, as typified by Linux. It further believes that reading and modifying open source code is an essential and effective tool for the practical software development.
Programmes offered by the Department:
- B.E. Computer Science and Engineering
- M.E. Computer Science and Engineering
To produce prime computer professional by inculcating the spirit to expertise in technological world with their individual identity and ethical codes.
- To stimulate young minds to adhering technological drift.
- To make the students to think beyond the boundary using analytical and logical skills.
- To gear up the grandaunts to grab opportunity in core field, pursuing higher education and to become empowering entrepreneurs.
- To mould the engineers to become innovative contributors and responsible citizen for the society
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO's):
PEO 1: FUNDAMENTALS:
Graduates will have ability to understand software requirement and methodologies of design.
PEO 2: CORE COMPETENCE:
Graduates will have ability to apply suitable Mathematical models to solve the real life and complex engineering problem.
PEO 3: ENGINEERING SYSTEM DESIGN:
Graduates will have ability to use their engineering skills and thereby deliver new technologies and innovations.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO's):
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of Mathematics, Random Process, Numerical Methods, Physics and Chemistry.
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to frame code, design, conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data.
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to code for desired requirements and specification
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to identify, formulate and solve computational problems.
- Graduates will demonstrate the skills to use modern engineering tools, software and equipments to analyze the problems in Computer Science and Engineering.
- Graduates will have the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities.
- Graduates will have the understanding of engineering solutions and also will be aware of contemporary issues.
- Graduates will be able to understand of their professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Graduates will function effectively as a member or leader in multidisciplinary group.
- Graduate will be able to communicate their technical skills effectively.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and implement in a team and manage project.
- Graduates will develop the confidence for life-long learning by self-endeavor.