Electronics and Communication Engineering
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was established in the year 2001 with its first batch of students totaling 60 for its undergraduate program.In 2009, the department received its National Board of accreditation for 2 years and in 2013 it was awarded as the ‘Best Department’.
After a steady growth in the intake of students to 180 in 2013, the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering established its postgraduate course with an intake of 18 students in total. The department also set up the Electronics Hobby Center in 2013. The year 2014 was a significant one with the set-up of eYantraLab which was funded by MHRD as well as the set-up of the Exclusive lab for R and D named as Sir CV Raman Centre for innovation.
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering holds eminent and enthusiastic faculty with a dynamic Head. With the support of our teaching and non-teaching staff, the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering has been providing quality education to 720 under graduate students and 36 post graduate students.
The department has a very good infrastructure and well accomplished laboratories. The department stands unique in all its curricular, co-curricular and extracurricular activities. It offers premier professional training with an eye on the modern developments in electronics and Engineering. The department not only technically develops the students’ knowledge but also develops ethics and humanism among the students.
Agni College is one of the Top engineering colleges in Chennai under Anna University offering Electronics and Communication Engineering. Also, Agni college of Technology is categorized as one of the best colleges for electronic and communication engineering in Tamil Nadu because of its student placements.
Programmes Offered By the Department:
- B. E. Electronics and Communication Engineering
- M.E. Communication Systems
To provide quality education for students, to compete internationally and produce creative solutions for the societal need and conscious to the universal moral values. Training the students with contemporary technologies and enabling them to meet the needs of global industry. Imparting the entrepreneurial and leadership skills in the field of Electronics and Communication.
- To train the students to become well-disciplined and knowledgeable, by providing quality education.
- To produce prolific graduates with remarkable skills in envisaging, designing and effectively giving solutions for global needs of Electronics industries.
- To encourage the students to become leaders, innovators and entrepreneurs in their profession.
- To provide comprehensive in-depth knowledge in various research fields and industrial exposure to the students.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO's):
PEO 1: To provide a strong foundation to excel in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering with the supporting knowledge of Mathematics, Science, Computer programming and engineering fundamentals.
PEO 2: To provide in-depth knowledge in the discipline of Electronics and Communication Engineering and to apply this knowledge creatively in real-time applications for advanced research activities beneficial to the society.
PEO 3: To develop the necessary skills to design and implement real time projects and to enhance the ability to formulate, analyze and execute innovative research projects..
PEO 4: To develop the ability to initiate, coordinate and share the information through verbal and non-verbal communication to enhance the leadership qualities.
PEO 5: To provide in-depth technical expertise for their lifelong learning through continual education and industrial practice. To create awareness on professional ethics and responsibility to facelift the society and the environment.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO's):
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multi-disciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multi disciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES(PSO's):
- Designing and Programming Skills: Design the Electronic circuits and communication systems in hardware and simulate it virtually.
- Implementation and Controlling Skills: Implement the designed system into an electronic product and control it technically to meet the desired specifications and requirements.
- Testing & Trouble Shooting Skills: Test and trouble shoot the faults and bugs in the designed system to enhance the throughput.