Electrical and Electronics Engineering
About the Department
Electrical and Electronics Engineering program was introduced at Agni College of Technology in the academic year 2001-02 with an intake of 60 students. The demand for Electrical Engineers in industries, state electricity boards and private sectors engaged in electricity generation is more than the engineers available. The periodical revision of the syllabi and introduction to electronics related subjects enables Electrical engineers to get acquainted with latest developments in the Electrical and Electronics Engineering field and handle the present solid state electronic devices.
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering has excellent industrial relations and institutional interactions which provide services like consultancy, designing and testing. Since the commencement of the program, the department has made sincere efforts in the development of students through training and industrial visits. The students from Electrical Engineering Department have won prizes in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. The Department has a trekking group and a student's association (ELITE) for the overall development of the students.
Programmes offered by the Department:
- B.E. Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- M.E. Power Electronics and Drives
To be a centre of excellence in electrical and electronics education and research by nurturing skills and entrepreneurship to transform students into professionals and ethically responsible citizens.
- To impart quality education to students to achieve excellence and expand their horizon using state of the art facilities in emerging technologies.
- To produce graduates with remarkable skill in envisaging designing and effectively handling electrical and electronics related problems.
- To enable graduates adapt to competitive multi-disciplinary environment.
- To develop a passion for entrepreneurship and lifelong learning.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO's):
PEO 1: FUNDAMENTALS:
To provide students with a strong foundation in basic science and mathematics that will enable them to identify and solve problems in electrical and electronics engineering.
PEO 2: CORE COMPETENCE:
To impart broad domain knowledge to students and thereby enabling them to apply this knowledge in industries and in research laboratories.
PEO 3: ENGINEERING SYSTEM DESIGN:
To provide relevant engineering design experience so that they understand the relationship between theory and practice.
PEO 4: EFFICIENT ENGINEER:
To train students with communicative skills and to work in multi disciplinary environments.
PEO 5: LIFE-LONG LEARNING/ETHICS:
To promote student awareness for life-long learning and inculcate professional ethics.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO's):
- Graduates shall have the ability to understand and apply fundamental knowledge in mathematics and basic sciences.
- Graduates shall have the ability to design, analyze and interpret data by conducting experiments.
- Graduates shall have an ability to design and evaluate electrical and electronic systems that meets desired specification and requirements.
- Graduates shall have the ability to teamwork in laboratories and in multi-disciplinary tasks.
- Graduates shall demonstrate an ability to identify, formulate and solve domain related problems.
- Graduates shall be committed to professional ethics and responsibilities.
- Graduates shall be able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
- Graduates shall apply reasoning to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and its consequences relevant to their profession.
- Graduates shall understand the impact of engineering solutions on the society and also be aware of contemporary issues.
- Graduates shall be able to use modern engineering tools and equipments in domain related issues.
- Graduates shall have the ability to recognize the need for life-long learning.
- Graduates shall have the ability to apply management principles to projects and multi disciplinary environments.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES(PSO’s):
- Graduates shall possess fundamental knowledge of electrical networks and instruments applied to circuit fabrication industries.
- Graduates will be able to evaluate and interpret critical parameters pertaining to development of electrical systems
- Graduates shall have an ability to apply project management techniques to build electrical and electronics systems.