Electrical and Electronics Engineering
About the Department
Electrical and Electronics Engineering program was introduced at Agni College of Technology in the academic year 2001-02 with an intake of 60 students. The demand for Electrical Engineers in industries, state electricity boards and private sectors engaged in electricity generation is more than the engineers available. The periodical revision of the syllabi and introduction to electronics related subjects enables Electrical engineers to get acquainted with latest developments in the Electrical and Electronics Engineering field and handle the present solid state electronic devices.
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering has excellent industrial relations and institutional interactions which provide services like consultancy, designing and testing. Since the commencement of the program, the department has made sincere efforts in the development of students through training and industrial visits. The students from Electrical Engineering Department have won prizes in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. The Department has a trekking group and a student's association (ELITE) for the overall development of the students.
Programmes offered by the Department:
- B.E. Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- M.E. Power Electronics and Drives
To be a centre of excellence in Electrical and Electronics education and research by nurturing skills and entrepreneurship to transform students into professionals and ethically responsible citizens.
- To impart quality education to students towards excellence and expand their horizon using state of the art facilities in emerging technologies.
- To produce graduates with remarkable skills in envisaging research, innovative, analytical and designing effectively handling electrical and electronics related problems.
- To enable graduates adapt to competitive multi-disciplinary environment.
- To develop a passion for entrepreneurship and lifelong learning.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO's):
To provide students with a strong foundation in basic science and mathematics that will enable them to formulate, solve and analyze problems in electrical and electronics engineering.
To impart technical domain knowledge in circuit theory, field theory, control theory and signal processing concepts to students and thereby enabling them to apply this knowledge in industries and in research laboratories.
To provide relevant electrical power engineering design experience so that they understand the relationship between theory and practice.
To prepare students have successful career in industry and higher education by imparting analytical, Technical, soft and communicative skills to enable them work in multi disciplinary environments.
To promote student awareness for life-long learning and inculcate professional ethics.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO's):
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, circuit theory, Electro- magnetic field theory, control theory to the solution for complex electrical engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and methods including design of electrical and electronics system, experiments, analyze and interpret data, and synthesis the information to provide valid solutions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and software tools and prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the domain knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the electrical and electronics engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES(PSO’s):
- Graduates shall possess sound technical knowledge of various electrical, electronics , networking and processing systems in accordance with industrial needs.
- Graduates will be able to analyze, evaluate, interpret, communicate and provide solutions to design, development and maintenance of electrical systems.
- Graduates shall have an ability to apply project management techniques to build electrical and electronics systems.