M.E - Power Electronics & Drives
About the Department
M.E. (Power Electronics and Drives) was started as a regular programme in the year 2012. It is being offered as both Full Time programme & Part Time (Regular), to encourage fresh and practicing engineers to enhance their professional skill in the field. This specialization is the most sought after, as the demand for engineers required for the industries working on equipment and circuits for Renewable Energy System trends spectacular swift.
Agni college is one of the Top M.E. Power Electronics and Drives in Chennai under Anna University.
Programmes offered by the Department are:
- B.E. Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- M.E. Power Electronics and Drives
To be a centre of excellence in education and research in emerging technologies in tandem with industry trends with state-of-the-art facilities on par with the finest in the world and broaden students' horizons beyond classroom education thereby transforming enthusiastic learners into dynamic engineers, nurture talent, entrepreneurship and enable all round personality development in them who can thereby contribute to the process of Nation building.
- To provide quality education to the students and impart excellence in them.
- To provide individual attention for making them good engineers, good and responsible citizens of our nation and serve the industry and society constructively.
- To produce prolific graduates with remarkable skill in envisaging, designing and effectively handling Electrical and Electronics oriented problems.
- To enable graduates acclimatize to competent multi disciplinary environment with high morale, professional responsibility and a passion for constant knowledge up gradation.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO's):
Program graduates will acquire technical knowledge, skills and analytical ability to design, develop and test power electronic converters and drives using modern tools.
Acquire skills and knowledge in the field of power electronics and drives to improve the system performance and to relate social, ethical, economic and environmental dimensions.
Confidence to conduct research, take up higher studies and life-long learning in the field of power electronics and drives.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO's):
- Knowledge of application of science and mathematics in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- Ability to demonstrate and design different types of converters and inverters.
- Analyze and design different types of controllers for the special electrical machines.
- Acquire skills to use modern simulation tools and digital hardware technology for modelling and prototyping of complex power electronic systems.
- Will demonstrate the application of power electronics systems to improve the performance of power system.
- Analyse, design and integrate various renewable sources to the power grid, to meet the energy demand.
- Demonstrate capability to participate in the emerging smart grid technologies.
- Enhance research capabilities and demonstrate problem identification, analysis and synthesis skills.
- Communicate effectively in both verbal and written form by way of presenting technical papers in national and international forums and journals.
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions on the society and be aware of the contemporary issues.
- Confidence for self education and ability for life-long learning.