About the Department
The Department of Civil Engineering offers B.E in Civil Engineering and M.E in Structural Engineering . The Undergraduate Program was started in the year 2010 with an intake of 60 students and the Post graduate Program was started in the year 2014 with an intake of 18 students. The overall objective of the Civil Engineering program is to promote the intellectual development of those interested in the Civil Engineering profession and to produce undergraduates and post graduates who possess the knowledge, tools and traits necessary for a successful career and for assuming a leadership role in the Civil engineering profession.
Agni college is one of the Top M.E. Structural Engineering Colleges in Chennai under Anna University.
The educational program objectives are to produce graduates who:
Possess a broad-based civil engineering education to successfully obtain professional positions, and practice civil engineering in a wide range of professional settings including consulting firms, industries, and government agencies.
Exhibit professional growth throughout their careers by taking on increasing professional responsibilities and pursue life-long learning by obtaining professional engineering license.
Demonstrate success and leadership in practice of engineering by contributing to the economic well-being of their employers and society and by dedicated service to professional societies.
Programmes Offered By The Department Are:
B.E. Civil Engineering
M.E. Structural Engineering
Vision & Mission
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO's):
PEO 1: FUNDAMENTALS:
To broaden and deepen the students capabilities in experimental research methods, analysis of data and drawing relevant conclusions for scholarly writing and presentation.
PEO 2: CORE COMPETENCE:
To impart knowledge to students in the latest technological aspects of Structural Engineering and to provide them with opportunities in taking up advanced topics of the field of study.
PEO 3: ENGINEERING SYSTEM DESIGN:
Be able to use engineering principles to conceptualize, create, model, test and evaluate designs within the context of local and global needs.
PEO 4: EFFICIENT ENGINEER:
Post Graduates demonstrate leadership in infrastructure design by creating solutions for complex problems by synthesizing and implementing knowledge from multiple disciplines.
PEO 5: LIFE-LONG LEARNING/ETHICS:
To enable Post Graduates to be life long learners who understand evolving technical, business, and societal issues as well as their ethical responsibilities that impact their engineering profession and the welfare of others.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO's):
- Post Graduates will design, analyze, and evaluate systems in structural engineering.
- Post Graduates will conduct experimental and/or analytical work and analyzing results using modern mathematical and scientific methods.
- Post Graduates will formulate relevant research problems and Critically assess research of their own and of others.
- Post graduates will demonstrate the ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- Post graduates will understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Post Graduates will develop the ability to conduct research and investigation into complex problems using engineering research methods for knowledge discovery.
- Post Graduates will acquire the ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- Post Graduates will understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate knowledge and need for sustainable development.