"Where excellence is a way of life"
The Post-graduate program in M.E Computer Science and Engineering at Agni College of Technology has been transforming lives of first generation learners since 2012. The high quality learning environment at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering is characterized by its inspirational faculty, state-of-the-art facilities, objective experience sharing, and incessant broadening of knowledge horizon. Additionally, the organized interactions with academic and industrial experts, consistent facilitation and grooming of students enable them to grow in this field of Computer Science and Engineering, thereby fulfilling the department’s aim of inculcating profound knowledge and skill in the areas of Computer Hardware and Software Developments.
The lab facilities for M.E Computer Science and Engineering is well-equipped for multimedia, internet and web designing where both proprietary and open source software are used to train our students. Students are encouraged to think independently and put their innovativeness and creativity to the test while working in our labs. The department of Computer Science and Engineering encourages and enables both faculty and students alike to pursue their research/project work by leveraging on the sophisticated and up-to-date software that are possessed by the department.
The faculty of M.E Computer Science and Engineering always encourage and inspire our students to utilize their potential to the fullest. Most of the faculty of M.E Computer Science and Engineeringare members of professional bodies like The International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE), Computer Society of India (CSI), International Association of Computer Science and Information Technology (IACSIT), MASPRS, Institute of Research Engineers and Doctors (IRED) and International Association of Engineers (IAENG). The active participation of our faculty in these professional bodies have paved the way for students and faculty of Agni College of Technology to pursue their research in reputed universities both within India and abroad.
The collection of over 500 books in Computer Science and Engineering that can be found in our library provides our faculty and students with the opportunity to widen their knowledge in the subject.
Affiliated to the Anna University, Agni College of Technology is one of the top colleges offering M.E. Computer Science and Engineering.
Programmes Offered By The Department Are:
M.E. Computer Science and Engineering
Vision & Mission
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO) :
Apply the necessary mathematical tools and fundamental and advanced knowledge of computer science and engineering.
Develop computer/software/network systems understanding the importance of social, business, technical, environmental, and human context in which the systems would work.
Articulate fundamental concepts, design underpinnings of computer/software/network systems, and research findings to train professionals or to educate engineering students.
Contribute effectively as a team member/leader, using common tools and environment, in computer science and engineering projects, research, or education.
Pursue life-long learning and research in selected fields of computer science and engineering and contribute to the growth of those fields and society at large.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO's):
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the conceptualization of engineering models.
- Identify, formulate, research literature and solve complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics and engineering sciences.
- Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design systems, components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
Conduct investigations of complex problems including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
- Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering tools, including prediction and modeling, to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings.
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Demonstrate understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to engineering practice.
- Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions in a societal context and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of management and business practices, such as risk and change management, and understand their limitations.
- Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and life-long learning.