About the Department
Technology advancements in the field of telecommunication have made the world to communicate faster and stay connected. Enormous resources are available by which we can communicate each other. Communication system is the branch of Electronics and Communication Engineering deals with the various collections of communication networks, transmission systems, data terminal equipment, tributary station and relay stations. The components of the communication system serve a commonpurpose, are technically compatible, use common procedures, respond to controls, and operate in union.
An optical communication system is any form of telecommunication that uses light as the transmission medium. Equipment consists of a transmitter, which encodes a message into an optical signal, a channel, which carries the signal to its destination, and a receiver, which reproduces the message from the received optical signal. Fiber-optic communicationsystems transmit information from one place to another by sending light through an optical fiber. The light forms an electromagnetic carrier wave that is modulated to carry information.
A radiation system plays the vital role in study of antennas, various properties, measurements and application. A radio communication system comprises a transmitting conductorin which electrical oscillationor currents are produced and which is arranged to cause such currents or oscillations to be propagated through thefree space medium.from one point to another remote therefrom and a receiving conductor at such distant point adapted to be excited by the oscillations or currents propagated from the transmitter.
A Satellite communication, in telecommunications, the use of artificial satellites to provide communication links between various points on Earth. Satellite communications play a vital role in the global telecommunications system. Approximately 2,000 artificial satellites orbiting Earth relay analog and digital signals carrying voice, video, and data to and from one or many locations worldwide.
Agni college is one of the Top M.E. Communication Systems Engineering Colleges in Chennai under Anna University.
Programmes Offered By The Department Are:
B.E. Electronics and Communication Engineering
M.E. Communication Systems
Vision & Mission
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO's):
PEO 1: FUNDAMENTALS:
To provide students with a strong foundation in the basic Sciences and Mathematics that will enable them to identify and solve Real time problems in Electronics and Communication Engineering for industries and Research activities.
PEO 2: CORE COMPETENCE:
To provide broad knowledge in Electronics and Communication technologies and shall be able to apply their knowledge practically and creatively for advance researches and industries such as Defense, Medical etc.
PEO 3: ENGINEERING SYSTEM DESIGN:
To provide opportunity for students to work as part of teams on multi-disciplinary projects. Students shall have relevant engineering design experience so that they shall understand the relationship between theory and practice for Embedded, VLSI etc based industries.
PEO 4: EFFICIENT ENGINEER:
Graduates shall possess the skills with which they can visualize the problems and convey solutions enabling them to work in teams and to be an effective lead.
PEO 5: LIFE-LONG LEARNING/ETHICS:
To promote student awareness of the life-long learning and to develop the students as Professional with ethics and be responsible citizens to promote Industrial progress growth and societal transformation.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO's):
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of Mathematics, Random Process, Numerical Methods, Physics and Chemistry.
- Graduates will demonstrate ability to Frame code, Design and conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to design Communication systems that meets desired specification and requirements.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to visualize, work on laboratory and multi-disciplinary task.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to identify, formulate and solve Communication Engineering problems.
- Graduates will demonstrate an understanding of their Professional and Ethical responsibilities.
- Graduates will be able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Graduates will develop confidence for self-education and ability for life-long learning.
- Graduates will show the understanding of impact of Engineering solutions on the society and also will be aware of contemporary issues.
- Graduates will demonstrate skills to use modern Engineering tools, software and equipments to analyze problems in Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- Graduates who can participate and succeed in competitive examinations like GATE, GRE.